Friday, January 15, 2010

National Honors Choir

So, I got accepted to sing in this "National Honors Choir" thing. I suppose it's quite an honor, but the name is also quite farty. "National Hoooonors Choir". Oh brothaaa. I sent in a tape over the summer of me singing some last minute octaves and such, and I got an e-mail a couple weeks later saying I made the cut for Soph 2, which is what I auditioned for. No one else I know got in, unfortunately. I have to learn 6 or so pieces of music by February, and I'm getting there. It's just difficult to want to really practice them, because I'm not so music "theor-ily" inclined, and not having a piano at home makes it even harder. BUT. quit sulking. It's going to be a lot of fun, I hope. It's a huge choir and a big three day event. But it's also the day before Valentines Day... which conflicts with some plans I had... So now I can't do anything I had planned... Ah, the life of a performer. Fab. Bloggaaaa out.

-Z

1 comment: