Saturday, December 26, 2009

Star

Every year, my school has this huge concert before the holidays. Non-denom of course (hence "star"). Last year I received a huge solo in a gospel song called "City Called Heaven" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjgVx4NZl0g). This year, I had the opening piece ("Adiemus"), to which the entire high school (every one of them, singer or not, required to sing, against their liking) files in singing the chorus behind me. It was very cool. I was completely stressed out about it, but on the night of Star, it was great. Everyone loved it, to my surprise, and it was just as big of a hit as last year's song. I embellished my solo bits so it would shine out a little more. It sounded very interesting, especially with what I added to it.
Now, I'm on break. I haven't any time to do music, except learn a few Christmas songs for the fam on the guitar. Corny, I know. I have one week left to chill out, so I imagine I will be doing quite a bit of music. I'm excited for the time I have to write and play, and sing.

Cheers to the upcoming new year, everyone.

-Z.

2 comments:

  1. wow, i watched the video and, your voice is amazing. i definitely want to see the video of this other song adiemus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, thanks! unfortunately i couldn't get the song off of the camera onto my laptop... but mom's camera skills were pretty bad for adiemus anyways, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete